Reconnect with nature with our trip to Can Gio, a UNESCO biosphere reserve located in the coastal district 40 kilometers outside of Ho Chi Minh City, making it an ideal destination for a day trip get away, especially by motorbike. Regarded as the “green lungs” of the city, it is lively with mangrove forests and tropical forest life like monkeys, gibbons and crocodiles. On the historical side, it was a very important base for Viet Cong during the war. Learning about the past while boating through the vast forests and swamp, inhaling the fresh air and rediscover the simplicities of life, and enjoy a local meal with fresh seafood make it a worthwhile experience.
Start: 08:00 – Finish: 17:00 (8 hours) Can be customized
Option: Motorbike (This is the best way to really feel the energy of this city)
- Leaving the bustling city of Saigon behind, we head South to Hiep Phuoc port.
- Observe local people and shrimp farms along the way, enjoy scenic roads of the area to reach Rung Sac (mangrove forest) well-known as Viet Cong base during the war.
- Take a boat ride along canals naturally covered with mangrove into the Dam Doi (Bat Swamp).
- Get on the row boat to get closer to the Eco Reserve area. Have you ever tried to fish for crab by a fishing rod? You can try your luck right here.
- Reach the core of the Biosphere Reserve of Vam Sat forest where we will visit the crocodile farm and bird reserve.
- Delicious seafood lunch and rest.
- Learn how to pass the Cau Khi (Monkey bridge made of 1 or 2 single bamboos poles) as locals do. You cannot miss the panoramic view from the Tang Bong tower. It’s great for photos.
- In the afternoon, a speed boat takes us back to Rung Sac, we then hop back on the motorbikes to Can Gio beach to visit the lively local seafood market.
- The ride back to Ho Chi Minh city via the ferry gives an interesting experience on how to use the local transportation.
- 108 USD/ person/ motorbike
Tour price includes:
- Pick up and drop off at your place
- An experienced English-speaking tour guide/ tour leader
- Motorbike with helmet
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Itinerary is subject to change slightly due to the time you book therefore the availability of entrance of these places
- Prices are subject to change due to the time you book (national holiday, etc.)
Please contact us if you want to book.
Hope to see you soon! Happy traveling!
$98 / Once / Per Guest